Details of the Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Laptop
Featuring a precision unibody enclosure crafted from a single block of aluminum, the MacBook Pro is thinner and lighter than its predecessor as well as stronger and more durable. But Apple didn’t stop innovating with the body’s design. The MacBook Pro also includes a new 13-inch, LED-backlit glass display (instead of an LCD panel) as well as a glass trackpad that doesn’t include a button (for larger tracking area) that features Apple’s Multi-Touch technology.
This 13-inch MacBook Pro (model MB990LL/A) also now includes Apple’s innovative built-in notebook battery for up to 7 hours of wireless productivity on a single charge without adding thickness, weight or cost. Using Adaptive Charging and advanced chemistry first introduced with the 17-inch MacBook Pro the built-in battery delivers up to 1000 recharges before it reaches 80 percent of its original capacity—nearly three times the lifespan of conventional batteries.
Under the hood, the MacBook Pro is powered by a powerful 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (with 3 MB L2 cache and 1066 MHz front-side bus), which runs applications faster and more efficiently as well as helps to reduce power requirements and save on battery life. And video is powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor, which provides an outstanding everyday graphics experience with up to a 5x performance boost.
Other hardware features include a 160 GB hard drive, 2 GB of installed RAM (which can be upgraded to 8 GB), an 8x combo Superdrive (for burning dual-layer DVDs as well as CDs), built-in Gigabit Ethernet for high-speed networking, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), FireWire 800 port, Mini DisplayPort video output (for DVI and VGA connections), and a Secure Digital card slot for easy access to digital photos and audio stored on SD and MMC memory cards.
It comes pre-loaded with Apple’s Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system, and is ready to run the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system. It also comes with the iLife ’09 suite of applications, including iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband, and iTunes.
Why It’s on Fire:
- The Unibody MacBook Pro Design
- Newly engineered lithium-polymer battery that that lasts up to 7 hours on a single charge
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- Delivers both powerful graphics performance and long battery life via the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor
- Includes a next generation Mini DisplayPort, which delivers a pure digital signal that can drive up to a 30-inch widescreen display
- 160 GB Serial-ATA (SATA) hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 2 GB of PC3-8500 DDR3 RAM (two SO-DIMMs of 1024 MB)
- Built-in 802.11n wireless networking
- Artfully placed in the glass display is an iSight camera
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), one FireWire 800 (up to 800 Mbps), SD card slot
- Mini DisplayPort compatible with DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI connectors (all optional)
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with the following write speeds: 8x DVD±R; 4x DVD±R DL (double layer); 4x DVD±RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Built-in full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Internal omnidirectional microphone and built-in speakers
- Combined optical digital output/headphone out with selectable analog audio line in (minijack)
- Kensington lock slot
- Measures 12.78 × 8.94 × 0.95 inches (WxDxH) and weighs 4.5 pounds (including battery)